Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.
Bill Shankly

Football from a Mom's Perspective...

Hours of practice, cool nights, hot days, sweaty gear, bruises, ice packs, ibruprofrin, pep talks before a game, making dinner three times a night, talking in the car on the way to practice, enduring all kinds of weather to watch a game, eating on the run, running to Big 5 at the last minute for an essential piece of gear, the excitment of watching your kids play under the big lights, talking with family at half time, sending the kids off to school the day after a big win, words of encouragment after a loss, the prayer that automatically enters your mind when a player is injured, the selfish prayer that it's not your son, being so cold that you cant move your fingers, watching the scoreboard during a cold game wishing time would move faster, watching the scoreboard during a rivalry hoping for a win, I am the mom of a football player and I love every bit of it.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I have never been a football Mom. I have a son that really could care less about the sport! I was a swim Mom for many years though! Good job supporting your son! (I would love sitting through a football game a whole lot more than endless swim meets! Shhhh!

Lee & Kindra said...

I'm excited it's football season again. I'm looking forward to coming to the boys' games! Go Cavemen!