Wednesday, December 26, 2007


Yummy Christmas Fudge!

Well this is a picture of my yummy Christmas Fudge. In case you want the recipe here it is. Put chocolate chips, broken up hershey's candy bars and marshmallows in a bowl & set aside for later. (The kids can easily do this part while burn the sugar and evaporated milk on the stove.) When the sugar & milk starts to boil over PANIC! Burn & blister your fingers trying to frantically scrap the boiling, gooey substance off your brand new glass top stove. When the house starts to fill up with smoke and the reality of the damage starts to set in, stop everything your doing and.... pray, pray, pray that your new stove top is not ruined. Anxiously wait 30 minutes for it too cool then scrape, scrub & wipe over and over again for approx. 60-70 minutes to restore the glass. It was truly an answered prayer that my new stove top was not ruined! I considered taking a picture of the original damage but couldnt bring myself to do it. I really thought that I was going to have to look at it like that forever. Suprisingly, my fudge (more like chocolate trail mix) was a hit and it all got eaten within a couple of days! AJ & Mike even set it out for Santa on Christmas eve.

1 comment:

Alison Day said...

I haven't laughed that hard all day! I hope your stove is okay! That sounds about how MY attempt at fudge would be! I will leave the fudge making to you. You have a better sense of humor about the mistakes than I would!