Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas 2008


Last year I had such a bad attitude about putting up my Christmas decorations up. I hated the fact that I would spend a bunch of time putting it up just to take it down a month later. In fact, my sisters and Mom took pity on me and snuck into my house and put up some decorations for me. This year, my wonderful husband and kids put the tree up for me while I was at a Christmas Dinner (which they know I hate doing). I saw the tree as I drove up into the driveway and it made me so happy! When I came into the house I started to go to Mike's bedroom to see if he was still awake and I heard a voice from the front room say "Mom, we are hiding" then out they came from behind the couch and tree.
Thanks boys! I love you! I have enjoyed the Christmas seaon this year, I have so much to be thankful for. I have enjoyed reflecting back to my childhood and when my kids were little. I love thinking about the memories and stories behind each ornament and decoration that fills our house. We have kept things simple this year and have been looking forward to taking our sleeping bags and other items to the Road Home on Monday (see Adam's Rants & Ramblings about more on that).
Here are some pictures of the boys boxing up some of the items. I will post more pictures soon as we load everything up and take our stuff to Salt Lake.


Here are some pictures of my favorite ornaments.
AJ & Mike's Kindergarten photos - aren't they cute!


The X-Mas 1993 ornament I made our first Christmas together and I was also pregnant with AJ at the time. It seems just like yesterday!


No comments: