Sunday, February 14, 2010


Well with AJ's 16th Birthday 5 days away, the inevitable is here. Off-road jeeping!.. UGH! On Saturday we took the jeeps out past Elberta in search of some ghost towns. Adam and Mike road in Adams jeep and AJ & I followed behind (AJ was the driver of course) The ride there was ok, except his jeep has really loose steering and the roads west of the lake arent in the best condition in some areas. I had a constant worry that we were going to hit a pot-hole going 60 miles an hour and go flying off the road and left for dead in the sage brush. Then, on the way back we took a muddy off road detour up in some hills. Now dont get me wrong, AJ is a great driver, but as most of you know I have some anxiety issues with off-roading, not to mention, off-roading with an inexperienced off-road driver. If it is muddy, slippery, has drop offs that are more than 2 feet down or basically anywhere that is not paved and dry, I have serious physcological issues. I was certain that we were going to get stuck in the mud, roll the vehicle, slid down a slippery muddy hill, you name it, I feared it! So...I am at a difficult cross roads in my life. Do I go on these little adventures with my family and have anxiety the entire time or do I stay home and have anxiety the entire time they are gone?!?! Oh, boy, what to do??

1 comment:

Lee & Kindra said...

That is quite the dilema. Just make sure you have some flowers to sqeeze to death and I'm sure you'll be fine:)