Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy 17th Wedding Anniversary!

“I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” ~Rita Rudner

17 years = Birth to my Engagement
17 years = My wedding day to my mid thirties
17 years = 1 year before my oldest son is 17 years old
17 years from now I will have worked for AF City for 32 years
17 years from now I will have daughter-in-laws and be a grandmother

So much has happened in the past 17 years and although we tease each other about how it feels like its been a lifetime, it has literally flown by for me. There are moments that I would never want to go back and relive but at the same time, there are moments that I wish I could freeze in time and relive over and over again. I can’t imagine what to expect during the next 17 years but I look forward to the new adventures ahead! One thing that I have learned is that life is short and we are not promised good health or life without trials so it’s important to live every day to the fullest and enjoy our health and prosperity while we have it.

Happy 17th Anniversary Adam, and here is to 17 more! I love you!

Note to me from Adam...

17 YEARS AGO TODAY 2 KIDS OBLIVIOUS TO WHAT THE WORLD WOULD BRING STOOD UP AND SAID I DO. 17 YEARS AGO WE SET OUT ON OUR PATH IN LIFE NOT KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT, WHAT TRIALS MAY COME, OR WHAT JOY WOULD BE IN OUR LIVES. 17 YEARS AGO WE HAD NO CLUE THAT WE WOULD HAVE 2 BOYS THAT WOULD GROW UP TO BE FINE YOUNG MEN. 17 YEARS AGO WE HAD NO IDEA WHERE WE WOULD LIVE OR WORK, BUT WE BLINDLY MOVED FORWARD. 17 YEARS AGO I TRUSTED GOD TO BRING ME A WIFE THAT I LOVE MORE NOW THAN I EVER HAVE. TODAY I SAY TO MY WIFE, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. WHILE IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER IT IS STILL ONLY A FEW STEPS DOWN THE PATH WE HAVE YET TO LIVE. I LOVE YOU DEAR.

2 comments:

PDXTingeys said...

Happy 17th Anniversary!

Marianne said...

This is so sweet! I love your "17 Years" perspective. Sometimes it seems like no time at all and then sometimes it feels like forever! That's life! Dee and I are coming up on 32 years. Unreal!

Adam's note it so dear! It's a keeper.